Before publishing items from Envoice to Xero, it’s important to ensure your Xero tax rates and your Chart of Accounts are set up correctly.
1. Tax rates:
- To see your tax rates in Xero, click Settings -> General Settings -> Tax Rates
- To add a new tax rate, click New Tax Rate and fill out the details as follows.
2. Chart of accounts:
Envoices tax integration relies heavily on Xero’s chart of accounts and the default tax rates for each account. To review and update these tax rates:
- Open the Chart of Accounts in Xero by clicking Settings -> Chart of Accounts
- Ensure the 'Tax rate' listed for each account is the tax rate most often used for that type of transaction
- To change the tax rates, click into the account you would like to change the rate for. Then select the correct rate from the Tax dropdown list and Save.