Invoices allow you to bill a Client for your products and/or services, and help you keep track of your sales in Envoice. Envoice lets you create invoices you can print, email or send as an electronic invoice. You can attach files, code items to different accounts and publish created invoices to your integrated accounting software.
- Invoicing functionality is available in Sales plan only.
- This action is available to users with Sales access only. Learn more about user permissions
1. Create an invoice
Go to Sales module. Click on the Create invoice button
2. Select the customer you're invoicing
You can choose an existing customer or add a new, by clicking "Add New"
3. Review invoice details
The fields are pre-populated, but you can edit them if needed.
4. Add the items you're invoicing your customer for
Select an item for a line: either from your saved items list or select general service/product and add a description.
To create a new line for items click "Add a new line" button
To delete an item line, click Delete (Recycle Bin) icon
5. (Optional) Add additional notes
Notes are best for comments, shipping details or any other information. Notes are unique to each invoice and will not be remembered for next time.
6. (Optional) Attach any files to your invoice
Whenever you may need to add an attachment to your invoice, you can do so in invoice attachments section, by uploading a file from the computer. You can attach them to an email sent to your customer.
7. Save and Send
Once the invoice looks the way you want it, you can either click on:
- Save - if you're not quite finished working on it. It will be saved as a draft.
- Approve - Invoice will be locked against any modifications and can be sent to your customer.
Click Send and select Email and a preview comes up where you can change or add more email addresses and personalize the email for your client.